Gitmo Judge Reportedly Says Trial of 5 Defendants for 9/11 Attacks at Least 1 Year Away | WHAT REALLY HAPPENED X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN

Gitmo Judge Reportedly Says Trial of 5 Defendants for 9/11 Attacks at Least 1 Year Away

The trial of five Guantanamo Bay detainees for their involvement in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks against the United States is not expected to begin for at least for another year, New York Times reported on Monday citing the new judge in the case, Col. Matthew McCall.

The pretrial hearings for the five detainees accused of plotting and executing the terrorist attacks opened last week at the Expeditionary Legal Complex at Guantanamo Bay.
McCall said the trial is at a minimum of at least one year away, the report said.
The judge also said military commission regulations, the Air Force bar and ethical obligations did not bound going to trial by a particular timeline.

Webmaster's Commentary: 

21 years?!? They're just waiting for those guys to die off!

Tags:

Comments

SHARE THIS ARTICLE WITH YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA